On 25 February 2015, our CEO Jasbir Sidhu and Business Support & IT Manager Azhar Hashim attended a one day seminar arranged by the Nuclear Institute which was endorsed and chaired by the Office for Nuclear Regulation (ONR). The event brought together safety and security practitioners from the nuclear industry.
Nuclear Safety and Security are inextricably linked and both the International Atomic Energy Authority (IAEA) and the Office for Nuclear Regulation (ONR) emphasised this. CRA have experience in modelling real life cyber security scenarios and would look to progress this in conjunction with other organisations as part of the effort to look at safety and security as a single entity.
Questions and topics discussed during the event included:
– How to promote security and build on strong nuclear safety.
– Security leadership and culture within the nuclear industry.
– The challenge of convincing society of the effective cyber security risk management.
– Designing, simulating and testing the resilience of security arrangements.
– Supporting the professionalisation of the modern nuclear security workforce.
The seminar was very well received by safety and security professionals.
For further information on services we provide to the nuclear sector please visit our sectors page